Concession Operations Manager (Seasonal)
SAMSPA operates a softball facility in St. Albert at the Meadowview Ball Park. The League operation runs from May 1st to the end of September, annually. There is a fully functional kitchen service along with an adjacent beverage room. For this request, the kitchen service and beverage room service will be called the “Concession Service”.
SAMSPA is seeking an Expression of Interest from individuals or organizations that are interested in taking on the SAMSPA Concession Service.
The Concession Service is open to support League Play on Monday to Thursday (with the potential for some Friday evenings to accommodate rain-outs, as needed).
The Concession Service is also open to support Weekend Tournament Play. The number of tournaments each year varies but generally ranges from 7-12 per season. Most tournaments are Saturday / Sunday, though some may include Friday evenings or Mondays on long weekends.
Hours of Operations
- SAMSPA runs games in five timeslots (3:30, 5:00, 6:30, 8:00 and 9:30)
- Concession should be open no later than 4:00 when 3:30 games are scheduled and no later than 4:30 when 5:00 games are the first ones scheduled for that day
- Facility will be closed at midnight with last call at 11:15
- The Kitchen Service is lower demand, and the Beverage Service is higher demand.
Weekend Tournament Play
- The Kitchen Service is higher demand and will include a breakfast menu
- Hours of operation are extended and will vary according to the tournament schedule
- The Concession Service will always require a minimum of two individuals to operate both services. Peak times will require a third individual, generally in the kitchen, but who can support both sides of the operation.
- Workers will need to operate cash registers, debit machines, and prepare food.
- The Operations Manager will have the opportunity to influence the menu items but this needs to be approved prior to the start of a season.
Operations Manager Role (reports to the SAMSPA Director of Concession)
- Recruitment of staff and scheduling
- Supervising / leadership / training
- Ordering and provisioning supplies
- Tracking sales and inventory
- Financial Reconciliation - in conjunction with SAMSPA bookkeeper and SAMSPA treasure
- Tracking and submitting hours worked for all staff
- Bank Deposits
- Menu Planning and Costing
- Problem Solving
- Opening / Closing Facility
- Key Holder
- Other duties as identified in consultation with the SAMSPA Director of Concession
- Must have AGLC ProServe certificate
- A valid food Handler’s certificate
- A valid Driver’s License
- Understanding of Computer programs such as Word & Excel
- Operation of cash register
- Familiar with Food & Beverage Facility
- Experience with “AED” Machine, First Aid
Expression of Interest
Interested parties are invited to submit an expression of interest be email to the address listed below along with a detailed resume.
SAMSPA is open to either employment or contractor based proposals.
We are Looking for individual(s) to run the Concession & Beverage room for the 2023 season and beyond. You will be accountable to the Executive committee of SAMSPA through the Director of Concession.
Please forward your resume & questions to:
Director of Concession & Rentals, SAMSPA
Only Candidates who are shortlisted will be contacted for an interview Thank you.